Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Going Green...

Friday Morning at our MOPS meeting
Sara Snow was our guest speaker. I was completely inspired by her short lecture! Now if I only had all the time and money to make all the changes I wish I could immediately!!!
I have ordered her book Fresh Living and hope to take many ideas to help my family and our earth for the better!!!

Here are just a few ideas that are simple changes that we can all do...I have also started to compile a list that I hope within the next year I can accomplish. I hope to share this list with you as I am able to check some off...



*Turn your thermostat down just one degree in the winter and up one degree in the summer! ( I have already done ours by 2 degrees)

* Reduce your showers to 3-5minutes (this will be hard for me but I am trying to just reduce some for now) A 10 minute shower uses 50 gallons of water

*Small baths

*Wear your jeans one extra time before washing

*Use less paper products and plastic bags

*Be aware of fruits and veggies which contain the most pesticides and would be more beneficial to but organic than others (Peach being the highest and Onions being the least)


Can I encourage you to Go More Green for YOU, YOUR FAMILY And OUR Mother Earth??? I will be keeping you posted on our list...
Click on the words highlighted to lead you to websites with more info and tools to guide you!

2 comments:

reusserfamily said...

Keep the suggestions comin' sista! Thanks for sharing!

The Stucks said...

Good for you! That's awesome! We do all this stuff already, so it's good to know I'm on the right track! Thanks for sharing!