Monday, May 10, 2010

Gone Green....

I know many of you made fun of me for asking for a compost tumbler for Mother's Day but it must of been a popular item because we originally saw it at Costco and when Tim went to get it they were sold out. He did find one at Lowes!
The difference in the compost breakdown with a tumbler is 3-4 weeks, where a self standing one that you turn with a pitch fork takes nearly 3-4 months!
Thanks to Tim and Ryan taking over an hour to put it together after our Mother's Day Grill out I was able to make my first deposit of dinner scraps in it and the Sunday paper!
We will see how it turns out!
My brother said it is offical now that I have a compost that I have....Gone Green!!!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

That's great! YOu've got me thinking...

TheGambleFamily said...

You go girl! Cant wait to see how it turns out! Glad you got what you had been wanting and could still find it somewhere!