Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quiche...

I hadn't made a quiche in quite a long time and forgot how easy and yummy they are.
I love to cook up something good especially when it is easy!
I have served this as dinner with sauteed zucchini and mushrooms & Spring Mix Gorgonzola Salad
OR
I've just had it in the fridge to warm up for lunches!
It was great both ways.
Here is the recipe if you'd like to enjoy it yourself!
1 Deep Dish Pie Crust
4 eggs
2 cups half & half
4 oz shredded Swiss cheese (have used cheddar)
1 small diced onion
1/2 cup bacon
handful of fresh spinach (optional)
1tsp Red Pepper
1tsp Pepper
1tsp Salt
In pie crust put bacon, cheese, onion, spinach. Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour in pie crust. I found it best to let set for 20minutes so it doesn't run over onto your baking sheet. Cook at 400 for 45-60minutes until knife comes out clean and golden on the top. ENJOY!

No comments: