Monday, January 14, 2008

12 week update (well 11weeks 3 days to be exact)...

Baby m&m
11 weeks 3 days

Baby m&m 7 weeks 3 days

This morning Bella and I headed to my 12 week check up! I decided to keep Bella with me for the morning since I hadn't seen her all weekend. I thought we'd go to the Dr and then have a mommy/daughter breakfast before I headed to work and Bella to the babysitter! The appt was suppose to be just a quick check with the NP and listen to the heartbeat! The problem came when she couldn't find the heartbeat which I remember with Bella it took a little while to find too! So...they schedule an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok...and made me wait an hour and 45 minutes!!!! Talk about a long hour and 45minutes...although I knew this was "normal" Tim got a panicked and tearful phone call and rushed over to meet Bella and I at the office! It is amazing everything your mind thinks of when you are waiting....

Finally, they called my name....we got to see our little m&m the moment she put the sonogram on my belly! Baby m&m was waving its arms and flipping all around for us! RELIEF and confirmation that everything was ok and looked perfect! M&M heart rate was 176 for those of you who are wondering...Bella's was 187 at 12 weeks. It was amazing the growth and development 4 weeks makes! I said this baby must already be stubborn since we have had 2 ultrasounds at this point in my pregnancy and with Bella we hadn't had any!

Another day full of true blessings!!!

6 comments:

~natalie said...

glad to hear everything is alright. it doesn't matter what your head says in those situations, your emotions tend to take over (especially when you're pregnant!) i love that little m&m was just waiting in there to say hi to you guys. hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...glad to hear all is well with baby M&M! My heart skipped a beat there for a minute! Whew! He/she just wanted you to see him/her again! :) Happy twelve weeks...here's to 28 more!!

Anonymous said...

Yay - gotta love "free" ultrasounds, (especially once they're over - the agony leading up to them isn't always fun...) After 10 ultrasounds in 33 weeks, I'm here to tell ya, it's kind of fun to see the progression! SO glad to see/hear that everything is great with M&M!!
_AngieW

The Ranek Family said...

We are glad to hear all is well! Keep us posted on everything. We are looking forward to playing on Thursdady!

reusserfamily said...

Ultrasounds are beautiful, aren't they? Of course only a mother would think that. How exciting! We are so very happy for you, Timmy and Bella!

Unknown said...

don'tch want a machine that wipes away all thoughts of peeing in smaal cups, paper dresses with no backs and not so warm fingertips? It is truly a blessing when the oucome is a terrific thing. Maybe the outcome is the machine...? :) Congratulations Maybe we can play soon